Monday, November 20, 2006

Almost Normal

The schedule change is going very well. I'm now getting up a little before six in the morning. My first activity is a one-hour exercise, sort of. I'm actually playing basketball every first hour of my day. I figured that doing routine exercise will bore me to death and I won't be able to sustain the activity. Basketball at least is something I enjoy doing. I've played more basketball the last six days as compared to the last six months! What can I say? Programming is too chair-bound a career.

In other areas, I finally got a working arkanoid clone. It only has one level, but it is easy to modify since the layout is just a text file listing positions where bricks ought to be. However, it is enough to validate that the engine port is doing good. The next module up for porting is the windowing system. Or maybe I should do the sound modules first? I'm not sure yet.

No comments: